Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Annik and Nai 2

Hello readers! Sorry we haven't been posting lately, but we're getting back on it! This part was written by Ketchupman, but he had forgotten his password so he can't post :D
Don't forget to check out the authors' other blogs, just click on our names and click on the links.
So here we are!

-Kiki

“Annik, I need to know!”

Nai had been struggling to gather the information from Annik for a week now. She had found the
travelling puppet, and while they had been conversing, Nai managed to find out that Annik had a very
accurate source stating the secrets of many legacies and truths of puppets and humans alike. Annik,
resistant at first to give the information up, kept up her constant travelling. Persistent as she was, Nai
had decided to accompany her.



“Look, I found the book long ago, and I’ve kept it with me all this time. I’ll admit that. I also admit that I
read a fair share of it. It was shocking. I don’t believe any other person should be able to access all the
stuff in this book, okay?”

Annik was getting a little frustrated. She had been travelling since escaping her last master-which
is where she had found the book that she ‘borrowed’ from him. She never stayed in any one place
too long, and would constantly be using false identities. Apparently, her escape, as well as the
disappearance of the book, had caused a great stir among many people, and so until the excitement
settled down, she couldn’t be too careful. Why, she thought to herself, did you ever let yourself get into
such messes?

Nai could see that she was getting absolutely nowhere by simply demanding the information. That
continued to prove to be a useless tactic. So, she needed to catch Annik when her guard was down, and
she couldn’t do that by continuously pestering her with questions. So…

“Hey,” piped up Nai. “Are you heading anywhere in particular?”

“No,” replied Annik, getting a little worried. “Why?”

“Oh, well I’m not really settled down anywhere either right now,” started Nai. “So how about I tag along
with you?”

“Well,” began Annik. “I don’t know, this seems so sudden, after…”

“Don’t worry,” exclaimed Nai. “It’ll be fun, just the two of us on the road.”

“Well, I guessed it’ll be alright. You can join me for now,” finished Annik.

This is it, thought Nai. This is why I am so good. When we get to know each other, she might trust me
with the book, and then I’ll be gone.

Annik sighed silently in her head. She knew what Nai was doing, but she didn’t know why she couldn’t
have a companion on the road. She just couldn’t every let her guard down around Nai. All in all, this
puppet of Fire could prove useful in her journeys.

And it was like this that the two puppets Annik and Nai had come together and started a bond that
would never break as they travelled together everywhere as companions.

-Ketchupman

No comments:

Post a Comment