Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Jamie and Syelina 10


“What is taking her so long?” growled Nai, pacing back and forth, wearing a groove into the ground. “She better not have gotten herself in trouble!”
“Knowing her, I think she’ll be fine. Relax,” Extreme said, fiddling with his head phones. Nai looked over at him, and knew he was as worried as she was. She cuffed him on the side of the head, causing him to emit an undignified squawk.
“What was that for?” he asked rubbing his sore head. Nai had hit him harder then she intended, but she wasn’t going to tell him that.
“Stop the ‘I’m too cool to worry’ act, you idiot,” she grinned. “I can tell when you’re acting.”
Extreme was about to reply when Sebastian nudged Extreme in the ribs, and motioned for him to shut up. Then he pointed at the figure on horse back approaching them, and motioned for the animals to turn into battle form.
The figure stopped a few paces before them, and Nai noticed the emblem on his uniform. She shifted into an attack pose.
“Who are you with?” he barked at them. “With the traitor? Or the woman?”

“We have no idea what you’re talking about,” spat Nai.
“Don’t lie! Why else would you be here?” he growled at her, expecting her to back down. She just gave him such a cold glare that he gave an involuntary shiver.
“We’re here on a personal mission. Don’t you have duties with the Organization right now? I’m sure you can’t afford to waste time right now.”
As if on cue, a voice yelled out, “Hiro!!!! What on earth is taking you so long?!?!?!?! If you don’t want your limbs torn off by me, GET OVER HERE!!!”
Hiro’s face turned pale, and without another word, he kneed his horse around and galloped back.
Once the man had disappeared from view, Liera nearly fainted from relief. “That was really close you guys.” Extreme nodded in agreement.
“Yeah, but there’s one thing bothering me,” said Nai. The other two Puppets looked at her questioningly. “Why is the Organization here?”
At that moment, Annik came running towards them, out of breath. She collapsed besides them. “Don’t worry about me. They just nearly caught me, but I think they were too preoccupied with each other.”
“What is that supposed to mean?” asked Nai. “Wait…oh.”
“Yeah,” replied Annik. “It’s pure luck I got out. But ugh, if they got together again, we’re absolutely screwed. Both of them want us.”
“You mean they want you. Just because we’re with you it means everyone is after us too,” mutters Nai bitterly.
“Nai!” exclaims Liera in a warning voice. “This is not the time…”
“You know what Nai? You’re the one who wanted to stick around with me. I definitely did not force you to come with me. If you don’t want to be in danger constantly, then wipe your hands clean of me,” snaps back Annik.
“I just might,” retorts Nai. They stood there, glaring at each other.
“Guys, I think I know why the Organization is here!” exclaims Extreme.
The Puppets turned around to face him, with slight looks of disbelief written on their faces.
“I’m not always stupid you know,” mutters Extreme. The others quickly try to recompose themselves, but it’s already too late. Liera, Annik and Nai burst out laughing.
“Yeah, yeah, sure,” said Nai. “Go on.”
“Well, why else would they be at The King of the Dead’s place? Especially when Syelina just happens to be here?”
They all realized it at the same time.
“After last time, they’re still stupid enough to try to capture them again?” asks Annik, shaking her head. “Well I guess we should just stay back. This’ll get rid of one of our pursuers.”
“Actually, no we shouldn’t Annik,” smiled Nai. “If we go rescue them right now, they’ll be in our debt. We would gain two very powerful allies.”
“That’s probably the stupidest plan I’ve heard in awhile. How do you suppose we go against a whole section?” asked Extreme, trying to puzzle it out.
“I think I’m starting to catch on, Nai,” said Annik. “We don’t need to fight them necessarily. They’re just too stupid to hesitate right now.” She grinned mischievously. “Wouldn’t it be embarrassing if they were to attack when their targets aren’t even there?”





Boo! We're not dead yet! Hello readers, and sorry for not posting in almost 6 months!
I was looking at all my old documents when I came across the Jamie and Syelina arc. I had left it at the part where Hiro nearly busts them, and while reading it, I started itching to continue it. After such a long break, I think I'm able to write this story again! Maybe we just all need a break for our brain to refill with ideas and inspiration.
So I'm going to try writing again, and maybe start bugging the others to do so as well.
A new year, a new start to the story!


-Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment