Monday, January 9, 2012

Jamie and Syelina 12


Syelina and Jamie looked confused. Sebastian turned to look at them, his blue eyes scanned over the two. They were piercing and cold, completely without emotion. They looked unnatural at that moment, and it unnerved the others.
But Sebastian was quick in his analyzing of the two dark ones. He turned back to Annik and lifted his hand. A strange mist floated out in different colours, settling out on the floor. It started building upwards until a doppelganger of both Jamie and Syelina was created.
The others stared in wonder. “How did you know he would be able to do that?” asked Nai. “I didn’t even know that and I’ve known him longer than you have!”
Annik smiled. “It’s too much of a scientific explanation. You’d tire of it within 15 seconds.” She turns back to Sebastian. “Now make these illusions appear as if they were dead. And please hurry.”
“Ah. I see what you’re doing. Quite cunning,” remarked Jamie. “And he is quite skilled to be able to create such realistic copies.

“Instead of referring to us as ‘he/she’ or ‘you, Puppet,’ how about you learn our names?” snarled Nai.
“It would be politer. Besides, it’s a new beginning for all of us,” interrupted Annik, glaring at Nai. ‘Don’t ruin this for us!’ she tried to telepathically say. But her glance seemed to have done the trick as Nai tried to put on a fake smile that made her look like she was going to attack someone.
“Fine,” Syelina sighed. “I’m Syelina and this idiot besides me is Jamie.” Jamie shot her an amused look.
“I’m Annik, this here is Nai, and the one you called ‘skilled’ earlier is Sebastian.”
“Good. So we’re off to a new start,” said Jamie. “Now if we can get out before they-“
“Hey, I think I found something!” yelled a voice from outside the cloaked doorway. Footsteps neared the entrance.
Everyone froze, realizing that the Organization had already reached the group.
“Sebastian, finish up and keep the doppelgangers there. They may confuse the Organization for a bit,” she ordered. “Well, I was hoping we could get away without combat, but I guess not,” sighed Annik, exasperated. She could feel Lang already stiffen below her poncho. Annik pulled out the whip and coiled the rope around her hand.
“Are you kidding? Fighting is the best part!” exclaimed Nai. Kitsune gleefully switched into katana form. Sebastian finished his illusions hastily, dropping them onto the floor as if they had randomly crumpled. Tobi hopped out of his hair and transformed into the wicked looking scythe.
Annik turned to the Jamie and Syelina. “Well, are you coming or not?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.
“Humph. I doubt you needed to ask us that. I’d like to get my hands on those scum,” replied Syelina, and her eyes flashed with mischievousness.
“So would I,” replied Jamie. “Everyone, avoid looking at me in the next little while. I don’t want to hypnotize you in the process. You’d just slow us down.”
“Very well.” Annik glanced over at the door. The soldiers were trying to puzzle out the mysterious dark mist that covered their way in. ‘Perfect,’ she thought. ‘It’s been awhile since I’ve gotten to practice combat.’
She turned to the ragtag group they made. “Let’s go. They won’t know what hit them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment