Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Liera 2

  "Hey Liera!" shouted a familiar voice, making Yumi's ears prick up. Liera turned around and the pace of her heart quickened. "I was looking for you," said the Puppet. Liera felt the blood rise into her cheeks. 'Please don't see me blush, please don't,' she thought, turning her head back to face the pond.
  He plopped down beside her and brushed the dirty blonde hair out of his eyes. He seemed a little winded, and his face was flushed from running.



  "Escaping your several admirers, Alex?" she asked, trying to sound as casual as she could, although her mind was screaming. He smiled, his warm brown eyes melting her insides, making her relax.
  He chuckled. "Hehe, yeah I am. I'm so glad you haven't gone crazy like them and following me everywhere. It seems to me you're my only solace." Liera blushed again, smiling as if that was the greatest compliment she could receive. "You're exactly like the little sister I never had."
  She frowned slightly, wondering how he could be so oblivious. She forced a smile, and said, "You're the brother I never had," as sincerely as she could muster. 'If he ever found out, he won't want to be with me ever again,' she thought to herself, and turned to him.
  Alex was fiddling with a large sky-blue and white pendant, and Liera felt a small pang of jealousy. "Is that from one of the girls?" she asked, trying to keep the jealous tones from creeping into her voice. He smiled again.
  "No, actually. It's a portrait of you," and opened the pendant like a locket. She peered inside and she smiled. It was a picture of her mid-laugh, looking as if she doesn't have a care in the world. He closed the pendant, smiling sadly.
  "I wish you weren't leaving, and I would always have you around," he murmured.
  "I know Alex, but I need to get away. I want to explore, have some adventure! I promise I'll be back as soon as I can, ok?"
  "Ok," he agreed, and hugged her.

2 comments:

  1. !!! :D <3
    I officially love you, Kumquat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many times do I have to tell you?!?!?! DON'T CALL ME KUMQUAT!!!!! unless you want me to do something to Liera, don't make me mad...

    ReplyDelete