Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Renita and Piko 1

This is a part right after Renita and Piko are sent out to find the group of Puppets and kill them. Renita is not happy at all about having to work with an eight year old.


“One down, two to go,” I muttered to myself. I was busy practicing a throwing technique in the small courtyard behind the small inn. I had already dispatched one of the dummies and was ready to throw another dagger at the second one when a voice rang in the night air.
“Renita!” shouted Piko, running over to where I had set up the three dummies. She didn’t seem fazed about the one on the ground that was totally mutilated now. I was annoyed; she just messed up my concentration.
“What?!” I growled, and threw a dagger very close to her head. She didn’t even flinch.
“We need to get going,” Piko said, puling her coat closer around her small body. For some reason, everyone found that very cute, and she knew it. It just annoyed me to hell.
“You can’t tell me what to do! I’m 11 years your senior and you’re only freaking eight years old!” I exclaimed, throwing another dagger at her. This time, she caught it just before it hit her arm.
“We have to get going if we’re going to catch up with these goody-two-shoe Puppets. Otherwise, the masters will be very displeased,” Piko insisted.
God, having to work with someone is bad enough, but someone that knows I would do anything to please our masters?
I gave Piko a death stare and said, “Fine. But next time you bother me, I’ll get this dagger right into your little heart.”
She just gave me a cherubic smile and walked through the back door of the inn. I watched her leave, and paused for a moment.
I looked up into the sky and brushed a strand of black and white hair away from my face. There was no moon or stars. Just pure darkness. “Perfect,” I said, and threw my second dagger. It hit the dummy right where the heart would be.


I woke up on the ground with Piko standing over me.
“Get up!” she hissed. “It’s already past 10:00 in the morning!”
I jolted up, and gave her a glare. “What?! Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” I yelled at her, which woke Lyenta up. She gave me a very unhappy hoot. I scratched her on the head and placed her on my shoulder. She surveyed Piko with her amber eyes and then fell back asleep.
“It doesn’t matter that I didn’t wake you up, but it matters that we have to get going now!” Piko said.
“Ok, but we have to take the country path. No way am I going to go through the town square again!” I said, remembering the day before. I hate other people and Puppets. They’re so bratty, and they don’t know how easy they have it. They don’t have to worry about being threatened with torture, or satisfying masters. They don’t have to do things they don’t want to do. Yet they complain about such stupid things. Once the Organization has taken over, there’ll be no more of that, and I smiled.
“Fine, you can take that path and skulk in the shadows. I’m going through the town,” Piko said and promptly turned towards the busy square. I slipped into the shadows, where I knew I would be unnoticeable. I kept my eyes peeled for my targets. A girly-girl, a nerd, a tomboy, one of our spies and a hyper maniac. What other group would be able to have all of those Puppets in it except for the one I’m looking for? This was going to be too easy. I played with one of my daggers, twirling it and tossing it into the air.
Sooner or later, I’m going to make a kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment