Saturday, April 9, 2011

Jamie and Syelina 3


“Move it,” growled the soldier, poking Syelina along. She shot him a venomous glare and kept walking. They came to a cell, which glowed a strange green and stopped right in front of it. Syelina’s eyes widened as she saw the green glow.
“Kuro, that bastard… the next time I lay my eyes on him I’ll slowly suffocate him until he dies in pain…” she muttered.
Two soldiers held her arms down and put on a few vortex bracelets, allowing her to move freely without any of her power. They took off the shackles and opened up the cell door.
“Have fun!” jeered the soldiers, and the door slowly locked behind her. She could hear the soldiers yell down the hall, “Hey! Lucas! Keep an eye on this one. She’s feisty.” All of the other soldiers laughed, and their footsteps and jeering faded.
She clenched her fist in fury, tempted to punch the door in, but without her power, she knew it would be stupid to even try.
“Well hello, Syelina. Fancy meeting you here,” said a voice that Syelina knew too well. She spun around, and saw Jamie leaning against the wall, looking at her with slight amusement. He also had vortex bracelets on, but there was also one around his neck, and his third eye was covered.
“You,” she stated simply, and her voice quivered with rage.
“Yes, me. But before you try to kill me, let’s face the facts.”
“What facts? Other then the point of you trying to defeat me and me trying to destroy you?” she growled, annoyed.
“I can’t kill you and you can’t kill me without our power. We’re both stuck here at the mercy of an idiot, and in order for any of us to survive in one piece, we need to get out.”
“What are you trying to get at?!”
“I can’t believe I’m saying this, but we need to help each other to get out.”
“WHAT?! YOU’RE ACTUALLY SUGGESTING TO TRUST YOU AND BELIEVE IN SUCH A-“
“Yes,” he cut her off. “Now shut up before the guards take notice and it’s too late for both of us.”
She glared at him, but toned down her voice. “What did they do to you? Brainwash you, torture you? You’re so god-damned different.”
“Let’s just say I’m desperate. Besides, how am I going to gain anything in here?”
Syelina smiled wryly. “Now you sound more like yourself. Now what’s your “genius” plan?”

-Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment