Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Jamie and Syelina 7


“Crap. That was crazy,” Syelina muttered, walking into her small, stone cottage. Closing the door behind her, she walked towards her den. She flopped onto her chair, and started to think of what to do next. But for some reason, her thoughts kept on drifting back to Jamie. She stood up and walked around, petting her bats and fixing the gloomy upholstery. Yet whatever she did, she could only think about him.
“Damn it! Why can’t I stop thinking about him?!” she exclaimed, startling all her bats into flight. “We’re enemies, and I’m the one who said working together was a one time only thing. Why did I even think about joining up with him?” She kicked her desk and cursed. “Probably being stuck with that punk for too long. Ugh.”
“But what if you’re wrong?” asked a little voice in her head. “What if-“
“AH! No way…” she screamed, then realized how crazy she sounded, talking to no one real. ‘Pffft. I’m overreacting. But still…”
She silently calculated her options, weighing the pros and cons. But that little voice kept on bugging her: “Go see him. Maybe you’ll change your mind.”
“Fine! I’ll go! At least it will shut you up,” Syelina muttered. She stormed out of her cottage and made a beeline towards the King of the Dead’s lair.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey Annik,” asked Extreme. “Why are we heading back to the place you almost got killed?”
“Because I don’t know what happened to Syelina and the King of the Dead, and I want to know if they’re planning anything before they strike. And besides, we’re better equipped this time.” But as they approached the graveyard again, she gave an involuntary shiver and Lang tensed up.
“Annik,” piped in Liera, “What if that creep tries to-”
“Don’t worry. I’ll be fine. Now you guys stop worrying, would you? You’re just making me even more scared then I need to be. I’ll send the signal if I need any help, so just trust my judgment.”
<Your judgment has gotten you in trouble before> Lang’s hiss slithered in her mind.
“Oh shush. I don’t want to be reminded,” whispered Annik. Lang just gave Annik a chuckle and turned into her battle form.
“Good luck,” said the other Puppets, and Sebastian gave her a nod. Annik took a deep breath and walked into the graveyard with her whip in one hand and wit in the other.


-Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment