Saturday, April 23, 2011

Jamie and Syelina 8


The plot thickens, tension builds, and Kuro is becoming even more ambitious! What will happen next?


“Hmmmm… I’m sure Syelina will come to her senses soon. She doesn’t seem to want to acknowledge how much power we have together…” Jamie stated to himself, pacing. “I’m sure she realized that since the beginning. But she’s extremely stubborn…”
He stopped walking. Some scuffling and banging could be heard down the hall, as well as a voice cursing. ‘That sounds like-‘
Before he could finish his thought, Syelina stamped towards him, extremely disheveled. She stopped a few paces away from him and pushed a strand of hair out of her face. She then gave him one of her infamous glares.
“Why speak of the devil,” Jamie said coolly, pretending not to notice. “What brings you here?”
“I-“ she started, then realized how stupid it would sound if she said it was because of a nagging voice in her head. ‘He would probably think I’ve gone absolutely insane.’
“I just felt like coming here,” she decided to say, and then immediately regretted her choice of words. ‘God, that sounded even stupider,’ she silently cursed. Her cheeks flushed red from embarrassment.
He gave a little smirk. “I trust my servants didn’t give you too much trouble?”
“Pffft. They were a piece of cake to get by. I had to kill a couple of them, but I know you’ll replace them soon enough.”
“You could’ve spared me the trouble, you know. Anyways, are you thinking of taking up my offer? It’s not too late to do so, you know.” He held out a beckoning hand.
Syelina slapped his hand away. “I will say I was considering it, but…”
“But? Don’t make me hold my breath in anticipation.”
“As if you still breathe,” she retorted, but sighed. “I was thinking…that maybe your offer is the best way to go. I’m just not sure what that’ll do to my reputation being with an idiot like you…”
Jamie gave a huge grin. “Hey, don’t let that get in your skull! I’m thinking of only myself, you know!” she exclaimed.
“Here. Let’s go into my den and talk about it a bit more thoroughly,” he said. “And don’t call me an idiot!”
  

“Perfect,” muttered Kuro, watching the two bicker on his screen. “Time to give them a little surprise…”
He stepped outside to the courtyard and addressed the awaiting soldiers. “It is time-“ he said, his voice steely, “to make our move and become the most powerful section of the Organization.” His voice rose in anticipation and confidence. “It is time to take our rightful place besides the Head. It is time. Now go! Don’t let me down.”
He ran to the stables, a rare thing for the lazy leader to do, and ordered the stable boys to prepare. “Get me my sword and the swiftest horse. Don’t make me wait.”
The stable hands, clearly frightened, ran off to fulfill Kuro’s request. They returned in a minute flat, and he grabbed the horse’s rein and the sword with impatience.
“Now move,” he barked, as he mounted the saddle and placed the scabbard in his belt. “Today, I rise to glory,” and he sped off into the afternoon light.



-Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment