Thursday, April 7, 2011

Jamie and Syelina

Finally! Here's a bit of the part I wrote about Jamie and Syelina... enjoy!


“Welcome to the Organization. You will be staying with Kuro, leader of the 37th section,” said the keeper, the man who led newcomers through the rules. He was sitting across from Syelina, who tried to look interested in what the man was saying.
“That is, until you prove yourself worthy to become a leader or have a position likes mine. So rule number one, you must always report and obey the Head, and whatever you do, don’t make the other leaders upset. Once you have power, you may, but right now your position is in a delicate balance.”
Syelina nodded her head, bored. She stifled a yawn and pretended to be listening. The keeper, thankfully wasn’t paying attention if she was even listening or not, so she let her mind wander.
‘Patience,’ she thought. ‘I must be patient in order for my plan to work. And although I know every bit of info I need to work, including where that Puppet is, I need to keep it a secret. If anyone tells the Head, everything I’ve worked for is gone. Thank goodness Jamie was pronounced a traitor. It just makes killing him a whole lot easier, and I won’t cause as much as a ripple. Hmmm… two weeks sounds good to gain enough trust with this Kuro, and with him being a rebel, it will be easy to persuade him to go against his master.’
“Understand?” asked the keeper.
Syelina jumped and gave a quick nod. The keeper looked a bit skeptical. “Very well. I’ll show you to Kuro,” and the keeper stood up and walked briskly through the building.


“Kuro, this is Ms. Syelina,” said the keeper and quickly left the den. Syelina extended her hand and Kuro just grinned.
“No need for such formalities,” he said, collapsing into his chair. “Make yourself home in my homely little place.” Syelina just gave him a blank face, staring at his spiked up hair and punk attire. “Anything wrong?” he asked, grinning.
“Oh…sorry. You just look… different from the others,” she apologized, thinking of Kara and the other snobby leaders.
“Ha! Too lazy to dress up like those stuffed up shirts,” he sniffed. “I prefer having my own look.”
“Humph. Anyways, I will go to my rooms if we are finished,” she said icily.
“Oh, go ahead,” said Kuro happily. “Dinner will be in two hours.”
Syelina walked out the door, and shut it behind her. “My god,” she muttered. “How am I going to survive two weeks with him?”

No comments:

Post a Comment