Sunday, April 10, 2011

Jamie and Syelina 4


“Guard!” echoed down the stonewalls of the dungeon. Lucas’s head shot up from his dreamless nap. Panicking a little, he thought it was the boss who had caught him not checking on the traitor and the woman, when he realized the voice was coming from one of the cells.
“Pffft,” he muttered under his breath. “No need to worry about him-“
“GUARD!!”
“Ok, ok I’m coming you idiot!” yelled an agitated Lucas, clearly annoyed. As he got to the cell, he saw the traitor standing at the entrance. “What is it?” Lucas growled.
“Oh, nothing, really. I just killed her and the stench is killing me, that’s all. Just bring me to another cell, would you?”
“What? Nothing?” asked Lucas, a little shocked after hearing the news. “I mean she was just brought in here yesterday…” He looked behind Jamie, but he could see nothing.
“I got bored,” grinned Jamie devilishly. “Now please hurry up.”
Lucas nodded slowly, and yelled over at the other guard down the hallway, “Julius, I’m taking him to another cell!”
“It’s cell number 12, right?” called down Julius. Lucas looked at the archway above the door, and found the number.
“Yep! I’ll take him to number 10, ok?”
“Just get on with it, ok?” muttered Jamie. “I can’t stay in here with a corpse forever while you do small chit-chat with your comrade.”
Lucas rolled his eyes as he opened the door. ‘This prisoner is an arrogant-‘ he thought, but that thought was cut off when he noticed the body wasn’t to be found. As he looked at Jamie realization dawning on him, Jamie smiled.
“Look up,” he pointed, and all Lucas saw before he blacked out was the woman mid-fall, right above his head.

-Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment